Below is a selection from our local histories holdings which have been scanned and converted to PDF. Click on the publication title to read.
Picton Past and Present. Published in 1954 as part of the “Back to Picton” week. It includes the history of the local area around Picton and settlement by the early pioneers.
Picton Railway Centenary Published 27 June 1963 by the Picton Post, commerating the first 100 years of the railway coming to Picton in 1863. Also includes advertisements from local businesses and other local Picton news.
Picton Water Supply Sydney Water Board Journal. Publshed April 1954. Includes early history of the Picton district along with plans and description of the Bargo River weir which was built to supply water to the early Township from 1899.
St Mark’s Picton Published by Jan Maloney and Kay Weaver, May 1983. This booklet doucments the history of St Marks Anglican Church Picton, which was built in 1856, Rectory and Parish. Also includes a list of Church Rectors to 1956.
Early Menangle Published by J J Moloney c.1929. Documents the early history of the Menangle area listing a number of pioneer families and property names. Includes a first hand account of travelling through the Menangle country side.