Visitors are welcome to use our vast collection of primary and secondary sources. Our volunteers are available in the Local Studies Room of Wollondilly Library, 42 Menangle Street Picton, each Thursday from 10:00am to 3:00pm or at other times by appointment.
Attending in person
- Free for members who attend in person and conduct their own research with minimal assistance from our volunteers, free for one hour
- Non Members who attend in person and conduct their own research with minimal assistance from our volunteers – $20.00 for one hour
- If extensive assistance by one of our volunteers is required the fee may need to be negotiated.
- Photocopying fees charged at the rate charged by Wollondilly Library.
- Scanning – the Society recommends that you bring your own USB flash drive.
- For members unable to attend in person the first hour is free and $10.00 per hour thereafter plus photocopying, scanning and postage costs.
- Non members unable to attend in person – $20.00 for the first hour plus photocopying, scanning and postage costs.
- Inquirers will be notified should more than one hour of research be required.
It is preferred that our research form is used for all inquiries. Download, print and email our research form here if required.
Non members making inquiries via email should pay the research fee upfront by direct deposit into our bank account with Bendigo Bank BSB 633000 Account No. 156881971. Please quote your name in the reference field.
For further information please contact the Society.
As well as our BDM, Court, Land and Newspaper records, the Society’s holdings include subject files on:
- family history files
- individuals and families
- place names
- post office records
- property names
We also hold an extensive photographic collection. Please visit our Image Galleries for a preview of some of our collection.